Welcome to the Bedford Assessors OfficeSEPTIC DESIGNS, PLOT PLANS & BUILDING PERMITS: As of 6/01/2020, all current and historical documents including septic designs, plot plans, and permits have been/are being relocated to the Building Department. During July and August, you may check if the records you seek still remain at the Assessor’s Office, just know you may end up over at the Building Department.
ABOUT THE ASSESSORS OFFICE
The Bedford Assessors Office ensures that all property within the Town of Bedford is assessed fairly and in accordance with the New Hampshire laws governing taxation. The Department conducts various practices to ensure an equitable distribution of the tax burden.
- The 2019 Tax Rate is $18.95 (tax bills will be mailed by the end of October). The 2018 tax rate was $20.40.
- View rates from previous years HERE.
- 2019 Equalization Ratio: 96% (.96). 2018 Equalization Ratio: 90.9%.
- 2019 REVALUATION INFORMATION can be found HERE.
- 2019 REVALUATION VIDEO can be viewed HERE.
- Abatement forms can be found HERE.
Did You Know...
- Our on-line assessment database updates weekly. Search the database HERE.
- Bedford's GIS mapping system provides tax map information and general plot plan data. Search the GIS database HERE.
General Assessing Responsibilities Include
- Annually review property tax assessments based upon market research and analysis, updating when and where necessary.
- Administer State statutes governing taxation.
- Respond to taxpayer requests, and provide customer service in person, via email, or over the telephone.
- Maintain property tax data files, property record cards, and various departmental databases.
- Processing of applications for tax exemption/credits and abatements.
- For more information visit our Mission Statement page HERE.