Per New Hampshire statute 674:51 Power to Amend State Building Code and Establish Enforcement Procedures:
- The state building code established in RSA 155-A shall be effective in all towns and cities in the state and shall be enforced as provided in RSA 155-A:7.
- The language in this statute directs the Town of Bedford to enforce the current adopted state codes, as amended by the State Building Code Review Board, for all construction.
- Additionally RSA 155-A includes codes that are part of the State Fire Code, licensing agencies and local fire code are enforced.
State Fire Codes
The Building and Fire Departments should be consulted for specialized codes that may apply to unique projects. Review the State Fire Code for more information.
Currently Adopted Codes
The following is a list of the currently adopted codes that most frequently govern projects in the Town of Bedford. There are additional codes and standards that may govern unique aspects of projects not listed here that are part of the New Hampshire Fire Code.
Code editions may change without notice as they are modified or adopted by the State of New Hampshire. Specific conditions noted on permits by the building department shall supersede these general guidelines.
- 2015 International Building Code*
- 2015 International Plumbing Code*
- 2015 IECC* (energy)
- 2015 International Swimming Pool & Spa Code
- NFPA 1 Uniform Fire Code 2015
- NFPA 70 NEC 2017
- NFPA 54 Fuel Gas Code 2015
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code 2015
- NFPA 211 Chimneys, Fireplaces, and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances 2013
- 2015 International Residential Code*
- 2015 International Mechanical Code*
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- NFPA 31 Oil Burning Equipment 2011
- NFPA13, 13R and 13D Sprinkler 2013
- NFPA 72 Fire Alarm Code 2013
- NFPA 241 Safeguarding Construction, Alteration and Demolition operations 2013
- Town of Bedford Fire Code