Bedford Conservation Commission
About the Commission
The Bedford Conservation Commission was established in 1965 in accordance with RSA 36-A to assist in protecting Bedford's natural resources. In addition to acquiring, monitoring, and managing conservation lands, the Commission serves as an advisory board to the NH State Wetlands Bureau on wetland permit applications and provides recommendations to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment on natural resource protection and variances to the wetland ordinance.
- To protect, preserve and conserve the town's natural resources and open space land for the common good,
- To provide stewardship and management of conservation lands, protect wetlands and vernal pools and plan and acquire land for conservation purposes,
- To work with landowners to administer State and Town wetlands regulations,
- To advises other Town Boards on environmental impacts and alternative considerations regarding development projects,
- To promote conservation activities and communicate with the citizens of Bedford on important environmental issues.
Our Motto - Keeping Bedford Beautiful
When Do I Meet with the Commission
All requests for a variance from the Bedford Zoning Ordinance Section 275-27. Wetland Conservation are first reviewed by the Commission. The Commission makes a recommendation to the Zoning Board and Planning Board to approve, deny, or approve with conditions the request for a variance specific to wetland impacts and wetland setback encroachments.
Other reasons to appear before the Commission include:
- requests for projects or events on Conservation Lands
- concerns regarding important natural resources issues
- When - 7 p.m. on the 4th Tuesday of the month
- Where - Town Meeting Room at BCTV, 10 Meetinghouse Road
2023 Meeting Dates & Deadlines
Please click HERE to display Conservation Commission Meeting Dates & Deadlines.
Downloadable Submittal Policy
Please click HERE to display Downloadable Applications & Forms.
Agendas & Minutes
Please click HERE to display Conservation Commission Agendas & Minutes.