Bedford's EMTs and paramedics are available to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each year Bedford responds to more than 1,000 calls for medical emergencies and traumatic injuries.
Paramedics are trained to handle all types of emergencies, including mass trauma and life-threatening medical incidents. Our paramedics are trained in:
- 12 Lead Cardiac Rhythm Interpretations
- Advance Airway Management
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Trauma Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Paramedics attend more than 1,200 hours of didactic and clinical instruction.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians (AEMT) are trained in:
- Advanced patient assessment
- Basic principles of pharmacology
- Safely and precisely accessing the venous circulation and administer medications
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) are trained in:
Each provider functions under the New Hampshire Patient Care Protocols developed by New Hampshire Medical Control Board.
If you would like to contact the EMS Division please call 603-472-1361 or email
with questions or comments.