When determining the qualifications of an applicant, the Supervisors of the Checklist shall require the applicant to present proof of citizenship, age, and domicile. (RSA 654:12)
The following will be accepted as proof of Citizenship:
- Birth certificate
- Naturalization papers if the applicant is a naturalized citizen
- Other reasonable documentation which indicates the applicant is a U.S. citizen
If none of these is available, an Affidavit of Citizenship will be completed and sworn to in the presence of an authorized election official.
Any reasonable documentation indicating the applicant is 18 years of age or older.
Any one of the following documents can be submitted as presumptive evidence that the applicant meets the domicile requirement:
- Armed services ID or other photo ID issued by the U.S. government
- New Hampshire driver’s license
- New Hampshire vehicle registration
- Utility bill with current address
- Please click here for more information on Voter Registration.