Records Division

Records Division


 Records FormsRecords Archives

The Records Division serves to provide access to Bedford Police Department generated records.  These records consist of accidents, closed case arrests, incidents (burglary/theft/vandalism, etc.), dispatch logs, and other miscellaneous case reports.  Utmost care is taken to ensure that these records are maintained and disbursed appropriately according to Department policy and any applicable laws.  This division also processes pistol license applications, RSA 91-A (Right to Know) requests, and parking tickets.

Requests for reports cannot be taken over the phone.  The public can request closed/approved offense and arrest reports that they were involved in by using the Records Request Form (available under the Forms tab or by picking up the form in the lobby).  They can be dropped off in person at the PD at any hour of the day.  Due to the volume of report requests, these reports are not available “on-demand”.  Every effort is made to release reports in a timely manner.

Cash, check or money order are the only accepted method of payment and are due at the time the request is made. Fees for these requests can be found  HERE.  The Bedford Police Department has gone “paperless”. So when requesting a report the department asks that you submit your email address whenever possible to have the report sent to you electronically.  

Please submit any questions regarding a records request to

***Anyone looking to get copies of MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT REPORTS must request this report using the Record Request Form that is available in the lobby of the Police Department 24/7, or here on our website under the "Forms" tab.  There is a $20.00 fee for reports that must be submitted with the request.  We take cash and check only.  The report will then be emailed out to you as a PDF when it is completed and approved.  Only individuals involved in the accident (drivers, passengers, vehicle owners, or property owners with damage) are entitled to the report.*** 

Records Request FAQs:

I was in an accident in Bedford.  How soon can I request my accident report?

  • Accident Reports may be requested immediately following an accident but they will not be readily available for release and will not be provided on demand/at the window.


Who can request an accident report?

  • Records Request forms will only be accepted for involved parties, vehicle owners, and/or property owners.


How can I request my accident report?

  • Requests must be made in person with photo ID and payment of $20.00 CASH or CHECK only. We are unable to process credit cards. A Records Request Form must be completed and submitted with payment.


Can I call for information over the phone?

  • Involved Parties should NOT CALL the records division. We will not be able to provide any information via phone as we cannot confirm the identity of the caller.


What if I am looking for the other involved parties insurance information?

  • If insurance information is provided by the other party involved, Records may provide a Crash Information Exchange Record free of charge.


When and how will I receive my accident report?

  • Report requests are processed in the order they are received and will be emailed once completed and approved for release.  Should an accident involve an arrest or Hit and Run we will not provide a full report as it is considered an open case/investigation.